Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Grossman Lab at the Raleigh City of Oaks Marathon

Mary here, and I just wanted to share what great support our lab group gives to potentially foolish ideas.  Fall in Raleigh is beautiful,  and the perfect time of the year to spend time outside!  This fall, in between finishing up my lab work for my PhD, and writing papers, I decided to train for a marathon!  Foolish!

So, on November 3rd, I ran in the Raleigh City of Oaks Marathon.  It was the absolutely most perfect day for a run, wonderful weather, great route.

My parents were in town, and my mom ran with me for a bit starting at the last half mile.

As I approached the finish line, I saw these guys!
 Amanda, Bon, Sarah (Angela and Jijy - not in photo) were all there to cheer me on!

My final time was 4 hours and 35 minutes.

Such great friends and colleagues!  Thanks for all your support, I guess if I can finish a marathon, I can finish a PhD!

No comments:

Post a Comment